View all blog posts
6 months ago

Executives at Operators Told Us

Zeno Technologies ⓒ Zeno Technologies. All rights reserved.
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Executives at Operators Told Us

In recent engagements with executives at operating companies, we have been told that they desired a clearer understanding of how changes in operations impacted or could impact their financial statements, including Balance Sheets, P&Ls, and Cash Flows.

Challenges in their operations ranged from adjusting simple strip and differential prices and M&A/A&D activities to managing expenses, production, and development schedules. They sought a solution to compare various scenarios—retrospectively and for future forecasts—while integrating sensitivities, hedging, and risk strategies – all in support of their corporate models.

But they said getting there was a monstrous task.

Gathering, formatting, and cleansing data from numerous departments and systems proved challenging and expensive. The rapidly increasing pace of decision-making in the O&G industry has only intensified these challenges, compounding their stress and anxiety. The processes and systems simply hadn’t caught up to the speed of the industry. As one executive said, it felt like “racing a high-speed boat race, but steering the Titanic through the course.”

As a result, executives have been forced to make crucial business decisions based on outdated and often incomplete information cobbled together by various systems and departments using different concepts, technologies, and datasets, leading to increased risks and sleepless nights. Fueling the anxiety – they faced heightened scrutiny from capital providers, on whom they heavily relied for liquidity to execute their operational strategies.

Their feedback seemed consistent.

McKinsey & Co. highlighted the financial repercussions, noting that these challenges cost O&G companies roughly 10% of their annual revenue. The Aberdeen Group said the problem causes some large companies to lose up to $1,000,000,000 annually.

They told us, “This shouldn’t be this expensive and hard!”

This feedback resonated with us. To address these pressing needs, we collaborated with the country’s top software engineers from Silicon Valley and C-level executives from operators. From this collaboration, we built Zeno:

  • A finance platform designed for E&Ps.
  • A strategy tool to help you steer the ship.
  • A software analytics solution with a robust data foundation.

Zeno enables clients to:

  • Consolidate and integrate data from all sources into a secure data lake and relational database.
  • Take snapshots of their data in time to compare different points in time.
  • Efficiently build resource and financial plans.
  • Incorporate hedging and risk strategies.
  • Examine various scenarios and their financial implications.
  • Export results to Excel to integrate into corporate models.

We keep you from losing time, peace of mind, and dollars to antiquated and sluggish processes that no longer serve you or the industry.

Many software companies will approach you saying they have built a magic wand; wave this wand, and it’ll fix all your problems. While we don’t claim Zeno to be a 100% solution, it brings businesses 70% closer to their goals quickly and accurately, with your expertise bridging the remaining 30%, and we want to demonstrate how Zeno complements and enhances your current processes, systems, and staff.

Recognizing the challenges of adopting new solutions, we offer:

  • A streamlined 30-day evaluation process.
  • Transparent, competitive commercial terms.
  • Comprehensive support during integration and beyond, ensuring Zeno becomes a part of your workflows and critical decision-making processes, not shelf-ware.

Every operational decision has financial implications. Other companies use Zeno to stop their losses, protect their companies, and fully capitalize on their opportunities. Market uncertainties are a given, yet they don’t have to spell unpredictability and risk for your financial outcomes.

We invite you to witness Zeno’s transformative potential firsthand and look forward to proving our case for you.

Ready to get started?